Leaky Gut Protocol
Protocol consists of:
• Anti-Vaccinosis (Initial 2 Day Regime) 15 ml liquid
• Liver Tonic (Support/Detoxifier) 60 ml liquid
• Healthy Gut (Digestive Enzyme/Pre &Probiotic) 83 g powder
• Gut Soothe (Anti-inflammatory) 153 g powder
• Gut Seal (Strengthener) 30 ml liquid
Note: if your dog has a sensitive stomach it is recommended that Healthy Gut is given at 1/2 the recommended dose over the course of 1-2 weeks.
- Healthy Gut: ox bile substance, papain, betaine hcl, bromelain, pancreatin, larch arabinogalactan, multi-strain probiotic blend.
- Anti-Vaccinosis: homeopathic thuja, silicea.
- Gut Soothe: aloe vera, marshmallow root, l-glutamine, n-acetyl glucosamine, deglycyrrhizinated licorice, larch arabinogalactan, slippery elm bark, multi-strain probiotic blend.
- Liver Tonic: mother tincture of chelidonium, traxacum officinate, berberis, cardus marianus, distilled water, alcohol.
- Gut Seal: homeopathic arnica, calendula, collagen, thiosinaminum.
After completing the 2-day pre-step (Anti-Vaccinosis), begin steps 1-2-3-4 at the same time. The products in steps 1-2-3-4 (Liver Tonic, Healthy Gut, Gut Soothe & Gut Seal) can be given in food together at the same time, as directed.
Will my pet be on the Leaky Gut Protocol for life?
Many animals achieve the desired symptom resolution or relief with just one kit. Other pets with deeper issues may require ongoing support or multiple kits. You should see gradual improvement as long as you are using it, but if the improvement stops or conditions appear to be worsening, then you may need to use the Yeasty Beast Protocol and then go back to the Leaky Gut. When your animal improves completely on the protocol then it is always a good idea to do one protocol a year to help keep the gut in prime condition.
Do I have to stop using all other medications for allergies (Atopica, Apoquel, etc)?
While you continue to use drugs you will continue to create damage, BUT you can't just stop any drugs cold turkey! We believe that a slow decrease (so as not to shock the body) is best, BUT please always check with your vet with any drugs your animal is on to be sure they are compatible and to find out how to wean off of them.
How long until I see changes?
This depends on a number of things:
- How long your animal has been ill
- How much medication he or she has been on
- If you are supporting them with nutritious whole real food and not processed food
We have seen animals improve in 1 week and some animals taking one month to show improvement.
What will changes look like?
Here is a whole list of positive changes:
- Increased energy
- Deeper, more relaxed sleep
- Less anxiety
- Less joint pain
- Less scratching
- Faster healing
- Less grumpy
- Better hair coat
- Healthier ears
- Less reverse sneezing
- Better quality stools
- Weight gain or loss, more balanced weight
Remember, the gut is in charge of so many things! What you think may be symptoms of leaky gut (ie. itchy skin or hotspots) are only what you physically see going on. The imbalance and trauma are deep below the surface and you may see other improvements before you see the skin symptoms getting better. If this happens (ie. your dog has more energy, is getting along better with other dogs, or is more engaged and happier) but the skin symptoms are the same, this can be a very good sign that things are improving deep down and that the gut is getting healthier and the skin will take a bit longer to show signs of improvement. Consider it almost like things are getting better from the inside out!
Will my pet's symptoms get worse before they get better?
If your animal has a very strong yeast infestation or overgrowth, a rapid die-off/detox can occur. In this case, we recommend switching to our Yeasty Beast Protocol then back to the Leaky Gut Protocol to support healing.
How do I tell if my dog has yeast and should I not start the Yeasty Beast Protocol first?
Good question! If your animal has ever been diagnosed with yeast in their ears or on their skin, the answer is YES! Doing the Yeasty Beast Protocol first will help to kill the yeast bacteria and then you would do the Leaky Gut Protocol to help to heal the damage they've done!
If your dog has a yeasty smell (dirty socks, stinky old cheese) then that's a strong indication of yeast and it would be helpful to start the Yeasty Beast first.
But remember that yeast is so incredibly damaging to the gut and 9 times out of 10 your dog will also have leaky gut or gut trauma that needs support to be healed
How come I ran out of some of the products in the kit? Do I keep giving the rest?
This is because the powders serving sizes are based on body weight, whereas the tinctures and homeopathics aren't. We don't have a kit for weight ranges. Many folks find that they do not need to purchase an additional single Gut Seal and they just finish off each product as they run out, but if you are feeling like there is still some additional "work to be done" you can certainly purchase a single Gut Seal to keep going. You would just need to contact email@example.com to purchase. It's not listed for individual sale on our website as it's only to be used in conjunction with the rest of the Leaky Gut Protocol ingredients.
Any of the other protocol products can be ordered directly from our website.
Why do I use all the products but not the Anti-Vaccinosis? I have so much left!
We included a large enough bottle for a few reasons:
1. Many times it is necessary to repeat this process up to 4-8 times. If you see that the Protocol initially helped but stalled, then it is helpful to repeat the Anti Vaccinosis the same way BUT you do NOT stop the rest of the Protocol. Simply add the Anti-Vaccinosis back in twice a day for 2 days. If you see improvement you can repeat it every 2 weeks, up to 8 times AS LONG AS YOU SEE IMPROVEMENT EACH TIME, GIVE IT.
2. Even though we do NOT support continuing to vaccinate, some people choose to revaccinate. If this is the case, then there is plenty to re-dose. This product has a very long shelf life so if at any point you do vaccines you can use the product again.
3. If you have a multi-animal household and any of your animals have been vaccinated, it is a very supportive product and you can give it to any of your furry family members to help with the long term side effects of vaccines!